“Have you ever imagined what 18,000 orchids in one place would look like?”
That idea was enough for us… and yet it was only one highlight of our trip to the Singapore Garden Festival. What an inspiring day!
This year the festival was held at Gardens By The Bay for the first time. The setting was perfect – we think it was a huge success.
Some of our favourite things we saw:
- Landscape and balcony gardens – so many amazing ideas. The sound garden! The water features! The TV in a living green wall! All awesome.
- Fantasy gardens – artistically lit inside a dark tent. Some of the most amazing table settings we have ever seen.
- Orchid Extravaganza – located inside the Flower Dome of Gardens by the Bay. Beautiful and exotic award winning orchids, and huge displays.
- Bonsais and miniature gardens (including Harry Potter!)
- Tropical food garden – always gets us dreaming.
- Festival Marketplace – Got totally hooked here, shopping the stalls. Giant blooming orchids in multiple colours, sizes, and varieties? Starting at $10? We didn’t stand a chance…
Living flower wall
Flower arrangement (school kid’s entry)
Miniature Gardens (Harry Potter)
Running water and live plants underneath
Incredible mangrove inspired table setting
Cute way to use egg shells
Great idea for growing herbs in the kitchen
Paper mache on canvas = living art!
Vertical planting indoors
Beautifully shaped gourds
Papaya tree in the food garden
Miniature landscape! (live plants)
Tiny living chinese character
Amazing TV setting!
Love the idea of a musical garden!
…and the butterfly!
Love this peaceful landscape garden
A tower of orchids
Orchid Extravaganza inside the flower dome
Award winning orchids
Our first purchase from the GardenFest marketplace – incredibly only $10 – love it!
Our second beautiful purchase – tall, bright and only $15
What a great day!
The festival will be on again in 2016.
Link to the official site: